by Jackie (Toddler Parent)
Since summer is finally upon us and we have all been stuck inside for … way too long to even want to mention, I like to come up with a list of things I want to do with the kids over the summer. My older one has year round school and camps so, it’s mostly weekend warrior adventures… here’s what I’m kicking around so far: (in no particular order).
• Kayaking in lake union
• Going to the top of the space needle
• Downtown Ferris Wheel (purchase tickets online to avoid the long line)
• Zootunes concert (note: if you haven’t been and you have a 3+ year old, there IS a free kids drop off run by Seattle Gymnastics!)
• Ferry ride adventures! My kids love the ferry, so any day trip or weekend that include one is a win! Specifically… Hurricane Ridge, Widbey Island and Orcas are on our list! Maybe Bainbridge for a quickie.
• Hiking on Mount Rainier : since we are at the stage where carrying both kids is a bit too much, this will be a short hike, walk around. One hike we did last year and liked that was pretty and easy was Icicle Creek outside of Leavenworth.
• Renting a boat through the Electric Boat Company
• Big vacation – we are headed to Cape Cod for two weeks to enjoy the beach with friends and family.
• Biking with my big kid on the Burke Gilman (he’s taking pedalheads next month!)
• Booking a house on a lake with one or more families, because nothing says summer like massive amounts of feral children!
• Camping… lol just kidding, I don’t camp.
I’m sure we will add more as we see what everyone else is doing 🙂
Thanks for the memories everyone. Hope to see you on the playgrounds, in the farmers markets, on the trails and in the sun!