Playdough is a Sandhurst Co-op favorite!
Kids and adults alike love rolling, shaping & making memories with co-op friends around the playdough table.
Making playdough at home is an inexpensive and fun activity for families. Here is a great playdough recipe to get rolling, shaping and making memories around your own kitchen table.
- Pour 2 cups of flour into a bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of salt.
- Mix in 2 Tbsp Cream of Tartar.
- Add 2 Tbsp of oil.
- Pour in 1 1/2 cups of boiling water.
- Mix all the ingredients together until they form the dough.
- After it’s cooled, to make several different colors of playdough, separate the dough into equal parts and roll it up into balls.
- Now, punch out the middle of the ball to leave a little bowl for you to pour your gel food dye into.
- Drip your gel dye into the bowls. This is a great time to mix dye colors if you want to make another color.
- Knead the dough until the dye is thoroughly mixed. This is VERY messy! If you don’t want to stain your hands, use gloves, and make sure to put something down so you don’t stain your counter.
(Recipe for the squishiest playdough is from Kids Activities Blog.)